Bankruptcy is often viewed as a last and final option for people who have found themselves struggling under what seems to be an overwhelming amount of debt. Bankruptcy is not necessarily the only debt relief that may be available to them. There are also many alternatives to bankruptcy that can and should be pursued before making the decision to file for bankruptcy. In some instances, being able to avoid bankruptcy will have much less of a detrimental impact on a person's credit than if he or she filed for bankruptcy. Here are a few ways in which the lawyers here at
Marshall D. Schultz may be able to help you avoid bankruptcy:
- Many people may consider filing for bankruptcy in an effort to put an end to creditor harassment. If you are being harassed by creditors, we can take aggressive action to help you obtain relief by building a strong collections defense on your behalf.
- Another reason that individuals may be considering filing for bankruptcy is if they are worried about losing their home to foreclosure. If you have found yourself in this type of a situation, our firm can help you prepare an aggressive foreclosure defense or help you negotiate a loan modification, so that you can improve your chances of being able to retain possession of your family home.
- People who are having trouble keeping up with their financial obligations, often have an easier time making ends meet when they are able to reduce the outstanding balance of their debt by negotiating a settlement with their creditors. We do not recommend you attempt this type of negotiation on your own. Our lawyers have years of experience doing these types of settlements and we are well aware of what most creditors can and cannot do. We will represent your interests throughout the entire process to help get you a fair settlement that fits within your financial means.
- If a debt settlement does not work for your particular situation, you may be able to avoid bankruptcy through debt consolidation. Do not rush out and hire a debt consolidation company whose services may sound too good to be believed. Our firm will be able to review your finances and help you determine the option best suited to your needs.
- Our firm also offers debt negotiation services where we will work directly with your creditors to help you negotiate new payment terms, a lower interest rate, or a lower monthly payment. Most creditors would much rather work with you so that you can continue making payments on your debt, than see you file for bankruptcy.
Over the years, our lawyers have filed more than 10,000 consumer bankruptcy cases. We have also helped countless individuals resolve their financial problems, and avoid bankruptcy, by taking advantage of one of the above alternatives to bankruptcy.
If you have found yourself considering bankruptcy, do not hesitate to contact our firm right away so that a Southfield bankruptcy lawyer can review your current situation and advise you of the options available to you. We will then work with you closely to help you regain control of your finances, whether through bankruptcy or one of its alternatives. We are committed to helping our clients relieve their financial worries and obtain the debt relief they seek, and we are ready to help you do the same.