The Bankruptcy Process
The bankruptcy process may seem formidable if you are attempting to file on your own. However, filing your petition may end up being a simpler, faster process if you have the help of an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. At the Law Offices of Marshall D. Schultz, we have helped over 10,000 individuals file for bankruptcy.
We know how frightening it can be to possess overwhelming debt, and so we provide compassionate, affordable representation this is designed to bring about positive outcomes to our clients' cases. If you are experiencing financial trouble, you do not have to resolve the situation on your own. We will guide you through the bankruptcy process in an effort to help you reclaim financial stability and freedom from debt.
Steps Involved in Filing for Bankruptcy
- Consulting with a bankruptcy attorney - We can examine your current financial situation in order to determine which bankruptcy chapter will best serve you.
- Filing your petition - Once we file your petition, your creditors will be notified and prevented from taking further collection action against you.
- Meeting with your creditors - After your filing, you will meet with your creditors and the bankruptcy trustee. The trustee will interview you regarding your petition and field any questions that your creditors may have.
- Filing of objections - If you have filed for Chapter 7, your creditors can file an objection against the discharge of your debts. If this occurs, you will take part in an adversary hearing.
- Chapter 7 debt discharge - Once creditor objections have been addressed, your debt is discharged. This typically takes a number of months.
- Chapter 13 debt discharge - Your monthly payments to your creditors will be distributed by the bankruptcy trustee. Once your payment plan is complete, a court will discharge the remainder of your enrolled debt, if there is any.
Need Help Through the Bankruptcy Process?
Without the help of an attorney, your bankruptcy may not only take an extended period of time but end unsuccessfully as well. Countless individuals who have attempted to file on their own have been denied, or have made errors that worsened their financial condition. Let our firm provide you with legal assistance that can help to improve the likelihood of a successful resolution to your debt issues.
We offer legal help for residents of both Detroit and Southfield, Michigan. Contact our legal team for a free consultation now!
Assisted 12,000+ Consumers with Their Debt
Debt affects everyone, rich or poor. We have helped thousands of clients through difficult financial times and we plan on helping thousands more.
Convenient Office Locations in Southfield & Detroit
We have locations in both Southfield and Detroit for those who want to minimize their commute to visit their nearest office.
Free Initial Consultations
There's no need to pay for a simple conversation! We provide immediate, 100% complimentary consultations to those who are interested in filing with us.
50+ Years of Combined Bankruptcy Law Experience
Our attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable in the field of bankruptcy law. Trust a seasoned bankruptcy attorney to handle your case.
Detroit Bankruptcy Blog
Stay updated with recent firm news and legal updates in our bankruptcy blog.Read More
Have questions about filing for bankruptcy? Check out our frequently asked questions for more information.Learn More
Why Hire a Bankruptcy Attorney?
Navigating bankruptcy can be confusing. Learn how hiring an attorney can help!Learn More