The Bankruptcy Process
The bankruptcy process may seem formidable if you are attempting to file on your own. However, filing your petition may end up being a simpler, faster process if you have the help of an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. At the Law Offices of Marshall D. Schultz, we have helped over 10,000 individuals file for bankruptcy.
We know how frightening it can be to possess overwhelming debt, and so we provide compassionate, affordable representation this is designed to bring about positive outcomes to our clients' cases. If you are experiencing financial trouble, you do not have to resolve the situation on your own. We will guide you through the bankruptcy process in an effort to help you reclaim financial stability and freedom from debt.
Steps Involved in Filing for Bankruptcy
- Consulting with a bankruptcy attorney - We can examine your current financial situation in order to determine which bankruptcy chapter will best serve you.
- Filing your petition - Once we file your petition, your creditors will be notified and prevented from taking further collection action against you.
- Meeting with your creditors - After your filing, you will meet with your creditors and the bankruptcy trustee. The trustee will interview you regarding your petition and field any questions that your creditors may have.
- Filing of objections - If you have filed for Chapter 7, your creditors can file an objection against the discharge of your debts. If this occurs, you will take part in an adversary hearing.
- Chapter 7 debt discharge - Once creditor objections have been addressed, your debt is discharged. This typically takes a number of months.
- Chapter 13 debt discharge - Your monthly payments to your creditors will be distributed by the bankruptcy trustee. Once your payment plan is complete, a court will discharge the remainder of your enrolled debt, if there is any.
Need Help Through the Bankruptcy Process?
Without the help of an attorney, your bankruptcy may not only take an extended period of time but end unsuccessfully as well. Countless individuals who have attempted to file on their own have been denied, or have made errors that worsened their financial condition. Let our firm provide you with legal assistance that can help to improve the likelihood of a successful resolution to your debt issues.
We offer legal help for residents of both Detroit and Southfield, Michigan. Contact our legal team for a free consultation now!
Thanks for helping us get a fresh start.
“What a great feeling to do things right this time. You gave us good solid no-nonsense advice. Thanks again!”
You are the best!
“Thanks for all your help and support in my "plight." I don't know how I would have gone through all this without your help and reassurance.”
Thanks, for your advice and personal attention. I really appreciate it beyond words.
“I had to let my house go and it was the right move for me. I now have a new house with a way lower monthly payment and can live without fear for the first time in a long time.”